Third Conference on Evidence-Based Anti-Corruption Policies (CEBAP 3)
“Combating Organized Corruption”
Thailand’s National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) in collaboration with the World Bank and Transparency International (Thailand)
The organisers invite submission of theoretical, applied, or policy-oriented research papers that focus on any aspect of organized corruption.
Organized corruption is one of the most difficult areas facing corruption fighters everywhere. Turbulent democracies around the world have shown that when vested interests are combined with corrupt means and a veil of legitimacy from election wins, a large corrupt network can be created and perpetuated, undermining economic and social stability and the rule of law.
The Third Conference on Evidence-Based Anti-Corruption Policies (CEBAP 3) aims to bring together researchers, academics and practitioners from different backgrounds to exchange and share their experiences, ideas, and research results about all aspects of organized corruption, and discuss the challenges and policy options.
We would like to invite submission of theoretical, applied, or policy-oriented research papers that focus on any aspect of organized corruption.
The conference topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- corruption and asset recovery
- public procurement
- reform of public administration
- reform of electoral laws, campaign finance, and election processes
- theoretical and empirical models of organized corruption
- role of social networks (open data and crowd sourcing), social sanctions, cohesion, norms and ethics
- evidence-based governance and anti-corruption indicators
- corruption, fraud and organized crime
- public and corporate governance
- law, regulations and public policy
- systematic country diagnostics on governance for design of policies
- Deadline for submission of abstract (250 words max.) and biographical profile (100 words max.): 31 January 2015
- Acceptance notification: 28 February 2015
- Submission of full papers: 30 April 2015
- Authors’ registration: 15-31 May 2015
- Other participants’ registration: 15 May - 10 June 2015
- There are no registration fees.
- The NACC will bear the cost of hotel accommodation and meals during the conference for authors of accepted papers who submit their full papers and other requested materials by the due deadline(s). Only one author per paper is eligible for free accommodation.
- Selected papers will be published in the peer-reviewed journal, the NACC Journal which has both print copies and online accessibility.
- Abstracts should be sent to CEBAP3@gmail.com