Research Volunteer, Vietnam
Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation working to stop corruption. TI works through National Chapters, National Contacts and other partners in more than 100 countries. Its international secretariat (TI-S) is based in Berlin, Germany. Towards Transparency (TT) was established in November 2008 as a Vietnamese non-profit and non-state consulting company. In March 2009, TT became the National Contact of Transparency International (TI) in Vietnam and since then has been supporting the TI-S in designing and executing TI Vietnam Programmes 2009-2012, 2013-2015 and the upcoming 2016-2018. TI/TT’s activities are aimed to contribute to effective implementation of anti-corruption policies and practice in the public sector, private sector and society towards reducing corruption in the country.
Currently Towards Transparency is looking for a foreign Research Volunteer to assist the implementation of the 2016 Global Corruption Barometer (GCB) study in Vietnam.
- Overall support to TT’s Management in coordination of TT’s participation in TI’s 2016 Global Corruption Barometer (GCB) survey, including working with relevant staff at TT, TI-S and consultants (when necessary) to ensure the smooth implementation of, and collection of necessary data from, the study;
- Assist the production and dissemination of the Southeast Asia regional GCB report through coordinating TT’s inputs into the report and supporting TT’s communication team to disseminate the report;
- Assist the drafting and production of Vietnam country GCB report based on the data and results provided by TI-S;
- Work with the administration and communication teams at TT to assist the preparation for, and launch of, the Vietnam country GCB report.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Social Science, Development Studies or another relevant field
- Experience of implementing or coordinating research projects
- Experience of writing study reports
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills; English speaking and writing skills are essential
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Considerable interest in the work of TI/TT and the field of anti-corruption
- Knowledge about and/or working experience in Vietnam will be a strong advantage.
- A return air-ticket to/from Hanoi
- A monthly allowance of 500 Eur
- Medical insurance as currently applicable to TT's staff