Research and Knowledge Coordinator (parental leave cover)
Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. Through more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
Research and Knowledge Coordinator (Parental leave cover)
The Research and Knowledge Department supports the achievement of TI-S’ goals through developing cutting-edge research products, supporting the organisation’s advocacy initiatives through collection robust evidence and serving the knowledge needs of key stakeholders within the anti-corruption community. As part of the Knowledge Services team, the Research and Knowledge Coordinator addresses the knowledge needs of the anti-corruption movement via conducting desk research and developing a range of research and knowledge products. She/he will more specifically focus on the expansion, promotion and operations of TI ‘s anti-corruption Helpdesk which offers the TI network and other selected stakeholders on demand research on corruption. She/he will also contribute to a variety of organisational tasks as required by the line manager.
Main function: Provision of research and knowledge services to key stakeholders in support of TI’s 2020 strategic priorities
Starting date: April 2016
Duration: 1 year (parental leave cover)
Location: TI-Secretariat, Berlin, Germany, with the possibility of international travel
Reporting lines: Knowledge and Policy Manager
- Conduct and coordinate secondary desk research on anti-corruption topics to address the knowledge needs of the TI movement and other stakeholders in a timely manner through the TI Anti-Corruption Helpdesk
- Develop new knowledge products in support of TI’s 2020 strategic priorities (e.g. topic guides, training modules, working papers, etc.)
- Draft papers and other material for internal and external purposes (e.g. reports, publications, policy analysis, presentations in policy fora or fundraising purposes)
- Identify, engage, train and coordinate a pool of external contributors relevant to the work areas
- Mobilise and manage a network of leading international anti-corruption experts
- Promote and disseminate TI-S’ knowledge products through various platforms, channels and outreach activities (e.g. blogs, social media, workshops and conferences)
- Support the integration of research & knowledge outputs into TI’s advocacy work in priority areas
- Provide assistance on a wide range of tasks (e.g. editorial, administrative, organisational) when required, with scope to support other departmental projects, processes or work areas
- Contribute to monitoring, evaluation and learning activities
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Masters or equivalent in a relevant academic field
- Minimum 5 years professional work experience in social research with a focus on desk research; knowledge of relevant research methodologies with a track record of producing operationally and policy relevant research required
- Extensive knowledge of anti-corruption, good governance and development fields required
- Proven experience in conducting policy analysis and writing policy-oriented reports
- Strong editorial experience and writing skills required, coupled with good oral and communication skills
- Experience in using social media an advantage
- Demonstrated organisational and project management skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office (incl. Excel), online communications and related applications
- Proven commitment to social justice issues
- Fluent in English, additional languages (in particular Spanish and/or French) an advantage
Other information about the post and the location:
Transparency International and its global network offer an inspiring work environment with real learning opportunities and support. Berlin is an attractive metropolitan city with relatively low cost of living.
Qualified candidates should submit, preferably via email, a cover letter and CV to:
Deadline for applications is 10 March 2016.