Internship Advertisement - Transparency International
Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. Through more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
Internship Advertisement: Internship in the Resource Development Department, Private Sector Fundraising
The Resource Development Department’s mission is to provide unrestricted funding to the TI-Secretariat, to assist its regional and other department’s efforts to raise programmatic funds, and to offer fundraising technical support, advice, and training to National Chapters. We sit at the centre of the organisation, having strong relationships with all other teams at the secretariat. This internship offers a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in fundraising from a diverse range of international donors.
Main function: Supporting the Resource Development Department
Starting date: April 2016
Duration: 3-6 months (preferably 6 months), depending on type of internship pursued (see below)
Remuneration: EUR 450 per month
Location: Berlin, Germany
- Identifying and researching new funding opportunities
- Supporting preparation of project and programme funding proposals
- Assisting in the management of donor relations (email and written correspondence, including donor newsletters and individual donations) and updating the donor database
- Assisting in internal reporting and preparation of publications
- Support towards specific funding approaches to bilateral, foundation and corporate donors on a case by case basis
- General administrative and logistical support (incl. setting up team meetings, drafting minutes, organising travel, etc.)
Knowledge, experience, interests and skills:
- Enrolled student in social science, political and economic disciplines, communications, or other relevant fields
- Strong interest in resource development, donor relations, and anti-corruption
- Fluent written and spoken English; further language skills are an asset
- Strong organisation skills and attention to detail
- Strong research capacities
- Experience with and knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, other Microsoft Office applications are an asset; good internet skills
- Very good interpersonal skills, enthusiasm, dedication, flexibility, and the ability to contribute fully to the work of the department, the secretariat and the wider movement
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is an asset
How to apply:
To apply for this internship please send a maximum one page cover letter (outlining your motivation for undertaking an internship in the Resource Development Department) and a maximum two page CV, preferably by email, to Barbara Gerold-Wolke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 29 February 2016 COB. The application process will involve a telephone interview and a test. These are envisaged to take place in the week 29 February 2016 and/or 7 March 2016.