Political, Social and Legal Environment of Business (Islamic Economics Institute, Jeddah)
This course provides essential information concerning various laws and regulations that govern the business environment in Saudi Arabia. Emphasis is placed on the definition of regulations, commercial law, company act, bill of exchange law (commercial paper), liquidation and bankruptcy law, banking control law and foreign investment law as well as financial crimes that affect business envirnment.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to:
- Explain the principle of commercial and business law in any business activity.
- Explain the structure of the Saudi legal environment of business.
- Identify the development of the Saudi legal environment of business.
- Relate the Saudi legislation to the local business environment.
- Analyze the current legal issues in the local environment of business
- Apply the Saudi legislation to the local business environment.
- Enhance ethical conduct throgh implemeting legal principles.
- Explain Islamic principles towards illegal practices.
- Build legal awareness of economic crimes and their outcomes to the economic system.
A. Regulations Background.
B. Commercial Law.
C. Companies Law.
D. Commercial Bills Law.
E. Bankruptcy Law.
F. Banks Control Law and SAMA Directives.
G. Commercial Agencies Law.
H. The Law to Combat Economic Crimes.
I. Saudi Forign Investment Law.
J. Labor Law and Insurance.